Sunday, April 14, 2013

Post Op update

I've just completed another week of recuperation.  Overall I feel things are getting better but, I still have some challenges to deal with.  The surgery seems to be healing now.  My incision areas are feeling good.  I do get a little tinge of pain every now and then but nothing major.  The main problem I have been facing this past week has been digestive problems.  The use of all the pain meds has really caused my insides to shut down.  This has caused me to suffer from nausea, constipation and lower back pain.  I have been taking other meds to offset the problem and it has taken about a week to start working.  As I type today I can say I feel the best I have since the surgery.  Hopefully the worst is behind and I can get back to being able to function normally.  The weather has also been a real bummer.  I know if I was able to get some exercise I would feel better but, cold weather, rain and snow has been the daily special.  Unfortunately, the prospect of better weather does not look good for another week, I'll have to keep walking around the house.  I'm looking forward to next week because I should definitely feel better.  I will update as things change.  Keep Praying!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment