Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Finger update

I met with the surgeon today regarding how to attack my finger infection.  After an examination of the fingers the doctor told me what I wanted to hear.  He suggested we try another round of medication as opposed to surgery.  All he had to do is discuss this course of treatment with my Oncologist and get his approval.  That part did not go so well.  I will be scheduled for surgery ASAP.  My Oncologist wants me back on the chemo treatments right away and the surgery is the quickest way to take care of the fingers.  The good news is that they are going to be able to do this surgery on an outpatient basis.  All I have to do is get a nerve block and a local anesthetic and they can cut away, stitch me up and send me home.  The next major appointment this week will be on Thursday when I get a PET scan.  Then Friday for my meeting with the Oncologist for game planning.  It does make the week fly by!  Talk to you all soon with more updates.  Keep praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment