Saturday, November 3, 2012

Cancer gave me the finger again

I had my appointment today and it did not go well.  My blood work numbers did show some good things with my liver functions at a good range and my platelets up to 80 from 62.  The rest was downhill.  I failed to mention in my last week numbers update that my tumor marker went up 10 points.  This week it went up 4 more points and sits at 34.  I don't like that the number is going up but I can accept it knowing I haven't had an infusion for two weeks.  What I'm having a problem with is the fact that they cancelled my infusion again this week because of the finger infection.  Plus, to add insult to injury, I have to see the surgeon again in order to take care of the problem.  I will see the surgeon next week Tuesday for a consultation.  There is a chance that if I need a procedure it could be done in his office since only one finger is really bad.  Next week will be a week full of information.  I meet with the surgeon, I have a PET scan and a meeting with the oncologist to review everything that has been going on.  One more thing that has got me a little on edge is the fact that I am getting a cold.  Normally this would not be a problem but, I am told with my immune system compromised by the chemo I have a much higher chance of developing pneumonia from a common cold.  I've said it before and I'll say it again "No one said this would easy."  I have to continue to remind myself how far I have come since the beginning.  Most importantly I must put my trust in God and his plan for my future.  Keep praying and stay tuned!  

2 comments:

  1. Chuck, I am still with you in prayer and admiration as you tell your story. It is commendable that you tell others how you are in God's hands as you virtually go through the challenges you have been encountered. I still remember your comments regarding who owned what business and what they might be looking for plus a really genuine sense of consideration for who they were as people. It wasn't about the sale but if the people were ready then so be it. Who would ever imagine that now conversations involve your health challenge and what God decides. Since I read your first blogs I have even more so tried to make efforts to cover bases that I had left unattended, based on your 'make each day really count' comments. Know I am your ambassadoor in prayer for what our Almighty Father wants for you. Take care. J. Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always in our prayers Chuck. Hoping for a great week for you!

    ReplyDelete