Friday, September 14, 2012

If it's not broke...

Good news, my platelet count went up 20 pts to 84.  I guess the week off of the chemo pills helped.  I was concerned that my tumor marker would go up without the chemo pills, but I got good news on that front also.  My marker actually stayed the same.  So, with all this good news we decided to go back to what has been working and continue the current course of treatment, 6 chemo pills per day and a weekly chemo infusion.  This will be the plan of attack until my body tells us to stop.  I think I was the only person in the chemo suites today hoping to get the go ahead for more chemo.  I just feel we have to stay as aggressive as possible and not give the cancer a chance to grow.  I have no medical back up for that statement, it's just the way I feel.  Fortunately, I have a great medical team to make those decisions for me and so far they have always been right on.  I also found out today what kind of impact chemotherapy has on the healing process.  Believe it or not, I still have two fingers that are not healed from the surgery.  One of the drugs I am on stops the blood flow to the tumors so they will not grow.  This drug also stops the blood flow to the new tissue trying to grow in my fingers, so the healing process is very slow.  Well, I said it before and I'll say it again.  As I get closer to beating this thing, I not only have to pray for healing, but I have to pray for patience as well. Keep praying with me and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment