Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Time for another PET scan

It has already been 6 weeks since my last scan.  I will have another scan tomorrow and I will get the results Friday before my treatment.  I always look forward to the results of the PET because it really shows the tumor involvement and how it has progressed.  The scan shows any tumor activity from my head to mid thigh.  If there are any active tumors they show up as a bright spot on the film.  I remember my first scan showed my entire liver as one huge bright spot.  It has been great to see the tumors shrink in size during the past 10 months.  The other thing we can look for is if there has been any new tumor involvement in other organs.  I will meet with my oncologist Friday and review everything we have done so far and make any changes if needed.  Even though I spend at least one day per week at the hospital dealing with my cancer, I always feel more anxious before the PET scan meeting.  I think it has to do with the fact that the scan allows me to actually see the cancer in my body.  It makes the reality of the situation really set in.  I'm looking forward to good results and I ask for your continued prayers for God's healing and also thank God for the knowledge and good decision making skills he has given my medical team.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment