Saturday, September 8, 2012

New numbers...New course

I had treatment yesterday as per my usual Friday Schedule.  The only difference was I went at 8 in the morning as opposed to my normal 12 noon because I attended the wedding of Ali's (Sam's girlfriend) brother at 3pm . It was a beautiful event and it felt good to dress up and have a date with Vic.
Back to the numbers.  My liver function is still good.  The problems I ran into this week had to do with my platelets again.  For some reason they went way down to 64.  This coupled with the fact that my tumor marker stayed the same again has prompted the doctor to change my course of treatment.  He feels the best plan for now would be for me to stop taking my chemo pills for 1 week in order to give my body a break.  I will still be receiving my weekly chemo infusion.  Hopefully this will get the numbers back to moving in the right direction.  I pray everyday for God's healing touch and now I find I have to also pray for patience.  It has become increasingly difficult for me to accept any setbacks.  Vic has to remind me every step of the way that I knew this would be a long journey from the very beginning and to remember how far I have come.  I know she is right and I appreciate her understanding and patience with me.  Keep praying and thinking good positive thoughts, it helps us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment