Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth of July 2012

It's been an excellent holiday.  I was able to go to the lakefront fireworks and they were great.  I can't thank everyone enough who helped me be as comfortable as possible.  It was very hot and my fingers and toe were throbbing after the long walk to the park but, it was worth it.  Then came the traditional 4th celebration at Mom and Pop's today.  Again it was very, very hot and the food preparation in the kitchen made it even hotter.  Most people were able to find relief in the pool.  Unfortunately, my recent surgery did not allow me to get wet.  Even with that, I had a really good time.  It is all about being together with people you care about.  That is what makes everything worth while for me.  That is what keeps me looking forward to the next event.  Family, friends and fun.  Thanks for everything!!

1 comment:

  1. Was thinking about you Chuck on the Fourth! Indeed, I think of you all on the Fourth of July, for I have spent many a Holiday with you all. I am remembering your mom in a very special way yesterday and today!

    ReplyDelete