Friday, July 6, 2012

More time off

I went to the hospital yesterday for blood work.  The LP nurse also wanted to see my surgery wounds in order to decide on my future treatment plan. After looking at my fingers it was decided that the best course of action was to let the fingers heal first.  The doctor feels the chemo drugs will inhibit the healing process.  Unfortunately, my tumor marker number has gone up while I've been off.  This means there is some tumor activity but, the doctor feels the lessor of two evils is to let the fingers heal.  Once that is done we will get back on track with the chemo and start attacking the tumors again.  I do go to the surgeon on Monday for the removal of the stitches.  One week after that we should be ready to go.

Now for the best news of the day.  Ever since I was diagnosed, I have really looked forward to certain events.  These included holidays, special events and birthdays.  I am pleased to announced that I've made it to be around for another special birthday.  On this day 30 years ago, my daughter in law Allison was born.  Not only is she the love of my son's life and the mother of my beautiful granddaughters, she is as much of a daughter to me as there could be.  I'm so happy she is part of our lives and I wish her the best on her special day. I pray I can share many more in the future.  Love You! Happy Birthday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment