Thursday, February 28, 2013

Treatment update

I went in today for my weekly blood work and treatment. The results were cautiously optimistic.  Once again my platelet count went down to 79 from 93 for no apparent reason.  We are starting to get used to this and it is not bothering us as much at this point.  My tumor marker news was great.  It went down to 103 from 125.  All of my liver function numbers looked good.  The not so good news was that my finger infections are coming back.  At this point they are not real bad but I have to watch the situation very closely.  Based on the good results we are getting with the Erbitux, we will continue as long as we can.  If we have to stop, we will probably just take a break and go back to the same thing again until it stops working.  Overall I feel pretty good for someone who has been on chemo for 14 months.  My weight has stayed steady and my fatigue level is not real bad.  I'm looking forward to some nicer weather so I can go outside and get some exercise.  That's it for now, I thank God for the positive news and I thank all of you for the support.  Keep praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment