Thursday, February 21, 2013

The fight is back on

I had a very good appointment today.  My blood work finally came back with positive results.  Our plan of attack was to take only one chemo drug at a time and see what each one does to my body.  We know the Avastin and Xeloda both affect my platelets negatively, so we opted to take Erbitux by itself. Well, the results were great.  My platelet count went up to 93 and more importantly my tumor marker went down to 125 from 192.  This was after one round.  The past has shown that the Erbitux does a good job on the tumors but the side effects are dangerous.  The finger infections that are caused by the drug can become serious enough to spread infection throughout my body.  Any infection could cause the ultimate side effect, death.  We just have to watch and weigh the options weekly.  So far, so good my fingers show no problems.  I said in an earlier post that this will be a "punch-counter punch" type of treatment.  So, take that cancer.........POW!  Keep praying.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chuck.... I figured it's about time I say hello and let you know i've been stalking your blog since the beginning of time and praying/thinking of you and vicki ever since! You are a pretty great writer, I'm know I'm not the only one you've moved to laughing as well as to tears and realizing the really important stuff! you missed your calling... what were you doing in the car business all these years!
    You are pretty amazing! Keep it up!
    All My Best To You, Sue Benishek

    ReplyDelete