Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Steady....Steady

I'm sorry for not posting as often as I had in the past.  I really enjoy writing this blog and I've felt it has been very therapeutic for me during this battle.  The problem I have had lately is that I feel my situation has kind of been on auto pilot.  I don't feel as if I am heading in any particular direction.  My main problems have been with my low platelets.  I am told this is a very serious situation and I have to be very careful not to do anything that would cause bleeding.  This is a life threatening condition.  I am then  told that I would have to suspend my treatment in order to get the platelet count up.  When I suspend my treatment the result is my tumor marker continues to increase.  I am then told not to worry because the increase is relatively small.  This has been going on for a while now and I feel like nothing is really happening good or bad.  Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, I am just explaining.  I feel as though everything is the same and there is nothing new to report.  I also know this will not be the way it always is.  I do have some appointments and a PET scan coming up this month.  I'm sure this will cause the needle to move one way or another.  I am still a believer that God has a plan for me and maybe this was his way of giving me a little rest before we go at it again.  If that's the case, I'm ready to go.  Keep Praying.  

No comments:

Post a Comment