Thursday, January 24, 2013

Appointment update

Yesterdays appointment turned out to be very interesting.  Matt was kind enough to take me to the hospital and was able to see what is involved.  My blood work numbers, as usual, contained both good and bad.  My liver function is good.  My platelet count went down to 55.  This seems to be the natural cycle for my platelets.  The good news was that my tumor marker went down 9 points to 138.  This is the first time my marker went down in a couple of months.  I hope this means the Avastin is finally starting to work.  Speaking of Avastin, I am experiencing one of the side effects from this drug.  High blood pressure.  The doctor has put me on meds for that but, my pressure has been high and I have been getting headaches.  I mentioned these headaches to Vic, who passed along that info to Allison, who then decided, with Vic, to call my nurse and tell her about the headaches.  My nurse talked to the doctor and they decided to order an MRI on my head in order to rule out any bleeding or cancer in my brain as being the cause for the headaches.  This plan was told to me during my exam and I had an MRI done immediately.  Good news, the test results were negative.  I have to thank "Team Family" for their concern and action.  It is better to be safe than sorry.  They did increase my blood pressure meds so hopefully the headaches will be controlled.
I am now going to administer the best medicine I have.  The grand kids are spending the day and night with their Nana and Papa.  It doesn't get any better than this!!!  Keep praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment