Tuesday, January 22, 2013

If you can't bring Muhammad to the mountain.........

If you recall, a couple of weeks ago I was told by my doctor that I could not take a trip out to Baltimore to see my new Grandson.  This broke my heart.  Well, the mountain came to Muhammad.  Matt and Allison made the drive out so the grand kids could see their Papa.  I cannot describe the joy I felt the first time I held Charles Owen Katula.  He melted my heart.  I have been in heaven all week.  The girls sleeping over, playing make believe, helping to cook pancakes for breakfast and a whole bunch more is now combined with Owen sleeping in my arms and ooing and cooing to his Papa.  I am truly blessed to be able to experience this.  I will admit though that every time I am with these angels I can't help getting emotional.  I look at them and I wonder what will I miss.  When I tuck the girls in at night I say a silent prayer asking God for as much time as possible.  I held little Owen and just talked to him telling him how much I loved him.  I realize the chance of Owen getting to know me is slim.  My prayer for him was to be able to hear my voice and take comfort in the fact that I will always love him and be there for him in spirit whenever he needed me.  This has been a really tough week, but a great week.  I am by no means giving up.  I know the Lord will allow me all the time I need and I accept that.
I do have an appointment on Wed for blood work.  My platelet count will be evaluated along with my tumor marker.  I am going to meet with the nurse and discuss our plan of attack.  As a bonus, Matt is going to take me to the hospital for this appointment.  I will post the results.  Thanks again for all the support, prayers and positive thoughts.  God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment