Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas 2012

Merry Christmas to everyone.  As I said in my last post, what a difference one year makes.  Last year we were all celebrating Christmas with the black cloud of my cancer diagnosis hanging over our heads.    We had a full house.  Matt, Allison and the girls came home from out east.  Many friends and relatives stopped by.  Everyone wanted to show their support and share in what was supposed to be my last Christmas celebration.  Well, here we are a year later and I'm so blessed to be able to celebrate another Christmas but, with a great difference.  The storyline this year is one of life, not death.  My illness has not gotten the best of me.  God has allowed me to continue to live and enjoy the wonderful events over the past year.  The shadow of death has taken a back seat to the miracle of life.  The main event that is  driving this years Christmas celebrations is the pending birth of my first grandson.  So far we have tried our best to time things up in order to celebrate the birth and Christmas together.  I went out east early to see the girls and maybe the "boy"..... nope!  Vic came out a little later so she could be there for the birth and get back home in time for Christmas....... nope!  As of today, Vic is still out there and the baby is still in there.  God only knows when the time is perfect for our little guy to arrive, I just hope it is soon for Allison's sake. ( Can you say, Uncomfortable!!)  So, as I write this entry on Christmas morning, I am happy to be able to concentrate on a pending birth and all of it's future implications.  It certainly is a much better alternative to last years thoughts.  We may have to celebrate Christmas a little later this year when everyone is available but, we will celebrate.  We will celebrate both the birth of our Lord and the birth of a son, brother, grandchild and great grandchild.  Someday he will appreciate how he has made this a special Christmas for me. He has allowed me to put my problems aside and enjoy the season for what it should be enjoyed for.  The celebration of life and the love of family and friends.  Keep praying!        

No comments:

Post a Comment