Friday, May 24, 2013

Treatment update

I was able to get treatment yesterday and all went well.  The doctor did not order a tumor marker for this week so I have nothing to report in that area.  The other numbers such as liver function, red and white blood cells, platelets etc. were all in an "ok" range.  I also had a visit from the newest member of my medical team, my Palliative care nurse.  I can't recall if I mentioned her and her function in past posts.  If I did, I apologize for the repetition, if not this is what she does.  She is responsible for making certain I am comfortable during the final stages of my illness.  She monitors my pain, sleep, fatigue and more.  It is up to her to act as a liaison between the doctor and myself regarding pain meds and future treatment.  Our discussion yesterday went very well due to the fact I am actually feeling better than I have felt in about 5 weeks.  I hope to have a lot more meetings like that with her in the future.  I will be meeting with the doctor next week for a review, so I will have more info.
I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day Weekend.  As you are enjoying your picnic, garden planting, going to parades or whatever you are going to do this weekend, pause for a second and give God thanks for the things you have in life.  Be honest, you've all been looking forward to a break from work, so enjoy this long weekend.  Make it count and spend quality time doing something you want to do and enjoy it.  Have fun and keep praying.

1 comment:

  1. Chuck, I am friends with Bob and Donna and have been following your journey nearly the entire time. What an honor and privilege it has been to pray for you, rejoice when the news was good and shed some tears when it wasn't quite so positive. And I think the thanks I offered up for you were as many as the prayers! You have had some meaningful times with your loved ones that have been a gift from God...for all of you. Your grace and faith continue to be an inspiration. And as long as you are writing, how about a collection of your blogs and other writings? You are an example to all on how to embrace and give thanks in the midst of trials. With continued prayers, Sharon

    ReplyDelete