Saturday, May 18, 2013

I want to open this blog for a Q&A

Ever since I was diagnosed, I have been asked a lot of different questions regarding my battle.  I have noticed that it seemed much easier for people to talk to me at the beginning of the journey.  I believe this was due the fact that the majority of the information and results I was getting was mostly positive.  It was fun and exciting to talk about my treatments and how they were making my tumors "go away".  But it is true when they say, "all good things must come to an end" especially when it comes to terminal cancer.  As I went back and read my posts from the past 8 weeks I noticed a big shift in my attitude as the news regarding my progress got worse.  I also noticed the comments and questions I received were becoming few and far between.  I want you all to know that I want to continue to interact with you, especially during the final stages.  I want you to ask questions about whatever you want to know.  Hopefully my answers will somehow help you down the road.  My main goal is to make certain that what I am going through will in some way positively affect someone else's life.  Please use the comment section on the blog with your g-mail account or send a message to chuckkatula@hotmail.com and I will answer on the blog.  I look forward to hearing from you.  Keep Praying!

7 comments:

  1. It’s never time to give, just because the numbers did not move the way you wanted. Just look at the old posts. It has always taken a couple of weeks for the numbers to start to move in right way. How bad did you turn red this time. As always praying for you and Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I would like your split pea soup recipe, would like to have (in writing) exactly how to make a roux (since I can never seem to remember), actually thinking if you would just put together an entire cook book (maybe have it published?!) I'd be happy with that!!! ;) hehe All joking aside, love you to the moon and you know I'd love to have your famous recipes...don't know who I will call when I'm mid-meal and have no clue how to make something :( You keep your attitude positive and continue to fight! We pray for a miracle every night and will never give up hope of having you here for many many more years. LOVE YOU CLOWN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I get a copy of the cook book too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you need help with the book. I could be there Thursday or Friday. Did you Finish adding comment to all the photos and scanning them into a computer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm guilty as charged. I know I haven't commented a lot in the past and have commented less recently. For that I am sorry. I am praying for you every chance I get. I guess when the news is not as we all would like, it's hard to know what to say. So I'll say keep up the good fight and know that your faith is inspiring is your relationship with Vic. I love you both even though we don't see each other, know that I think about you guys alot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colleen, I think you've nailed it on the head... Truth is people often don't know what to say or have the words when the news isn't what we want or things are not going the way we are hoping....if we all just continue to pray and let DadKat know we are doing so.... That should keep him going and feeling our love/support/prayer!!! We are all soo thankful for all the family and friends that are praying.... Means the world to us all!! My heartfelt "THANKS" xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always praying and thinking of you! I continue to be inspired by your journey and how courageously you are facing it. It is pretty remarkable that while faced with the ups and downs of this disease you continue to want to make a difference for others and positively affect them. Stay strong!
    Liz Ricci (a friend of Matt and Allison)

    ReplyDelete