Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Back to reality

WOW, what a great long weekend!  Now that I am home I think I will take a rest.  This was a weekend jam packed with fun from beginning to end.  Pumpkin farm, Lillian's soccer game, the girls Fall Fest at their school, a visit to Gettysburg, attending the musical Wicked, carving pumpkins and just plain old goofing around were the highlights.  It felt lonely this morning not having the girls wake me up to watch cartoons with them before breakfast.  The memories from this visit are wonderful.  Watching Lillian play goalie and making a great save during her soccer game made me so proud.  Seeing Caroline at her school interacting with friends and playing around makes me realize how old she is getting.  Watching Lillian's eyes get as big as saucers as the lights went down in the theater when the play began and then seeing her mouth the words to the songs as if she was on stage, showed me the talent she has.  These are the times that I forget about my illness.  I can't think of anything else other than enjoying being the girls PaPa.  No medicine can do for me  what being with my grand daughters does for me.  Unfortunately, when I get home my mind goes back to reality and I think about all the things I might miss if I can't beat this thing.  Time to pray and pray some more.  I pray that God will allow me the opportunity to see my grand children grow up.  Not just the ones who are here but the ones who are yet to come.  I know this is possible because the Lord has allowed me to be here and enjoy weekends like I just did, even after I was told I would not make it this long.  I look forward to being around for many more.  I would also be remiss if I did not mention how great Matt and Allison were during this trip.  I really miss having them around.  Allison especially was a trooper with all the chasing around while she is 7 mos pregnant with my first grandson. (Yahoo!)  Thanks again you two! Keep praying everybody.

1 comment:

  1. We had a truly FANTASTIC weekend with you two here!!! Can't wait to have you back out here in 7 weeks!!!! Caroline asked again today why Nana & Papa weren't still here :( the girls just LOVE having you two here....Now onto sending loads of Prayers your way....Praying this finger infection clears quickly without needing surgery...and prayers that you are able to get back on your Chemo regimen that is truly working! :) My awesome bible study continues to have you on the prayer list!!! Love you to the moon! Your Girl, Al xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete