Saturday, March 30, 2013

This week ...just pain in my gut but, joy in my heart

This week was a crap shoot for treatment.  The medical team decided I should take the week off.  Actually I'm glad they did.  When I had my colon surgery I still possessed my super fast healing powers.  Unfortunately, 15 months of chemo has wiped it out and I am not healing well.  I am feeling a lot of pain throughout my midsection and this makes it very hard to get comfortable to rest.  My sleep patterns are strange at best.  Sometimes I will sleep for a couple hours and other times I cannot sleep for more than 20 minutes.  Time for the snowball affect.  No sleep, no appetite and crabby.  Not fun to be around!!  SORRY everyone.  It will get better everyday and hopefully the spleenectomy will have done it's job and we can get back at.

Now, for the joy.  Another one drops off the bucket list.  As of Friday Sam and Ali are officially engaged, with a ring and everything!!  This is great news and we will all be celebrating when everyone is over for Easter.  Oh yeah, we are still doing the famous Easter Brunch.  Thanks Vic for filling in for my depleted super powers  Happy Easter- He is Alive!!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful news about Sam and Ali! God Bless You, Chuck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gut, head and heart hurts for you, Chuck. I'm angry for many reasons none of which helps you one bit making me feel helpless. So, I pray more often for you, Vic and the doctors so that God will give them the secret pill and He can finish the healing. I no longer live close by which is probably best as I'm the the one who cries at movies, baby shots, bad football injuries & decisions! So take all your naps the best you can so you can get your meds and we'll all be your prayer warriors. Love you, Beth xox

    ReplyDelete