Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Surgery week

It's been a long week.  I have had to prep for my spleen removal.  Since the spleen fights bacteria in the blood, on Monday I had to get inoculations for pneumonia, meningitis and HIB.  On Wednesday I had to get blood work done for a type and crossmatch because I will need platelet transfusions before, during and after the surgery.  I've received 3 different calls from the hospital to review my procedure, pre register me and inform me what I can and can't do before the surgery.  I think I am ready to go.  I will admit, the closer it gets the more nervous I am getting.  When I had my colon surgery I didn't have any time to think about what was going on.  I was told at night I needed the surgery and the next day I was under the knife.  I've had almost a week to think about this one and I think my mind has gone over every scenario possible.  I know Vic has also been very tense this week.  I ask for your prayers that we have a good outcome tomorrow and I heal quickly so I can get back to the fight.  I'll talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment