Monday, March 25, 2013

I'm home

Finally I'm home from the surgery.  I was not able to post during the time I was there due to a couple items.  #1) the internet hookup at the hospital was terrible and every time I felt I had time to do something I could not get in.  #2) I was very sore and based on the drugs they were giving me, I kinda lost my mind for awhile.  Everyone there felt it would be best that I don't write anything.  The combination of oxcy, and morphine for pain and 3 or 4 other meds for nausea caused me to hallucinate.  I hear it was very funny.  Just for an example, I woke up from a 5 minute nap.  I firmly believed I was in my own home.  I asked Vic where did we get that ugly picture on the wall and she told me she bought it for $200 dollars.  I got really mad and then when I realized everyone was laughing, I knew I was in the hospital.  I spent most of my time sleeping.  The good news is that my platelet count was up to 333 as of this afternoon.  The surgeon referred to my spleen as huge and had to make an additional 7 inch incision to remove it.  I will hear tomorrow if my chemo treatment will stay on schedule.  I think it will.  Thanks for all the support from everyone.  Keep praying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment