Monday, November 28, 2011

Phase 1

Colon surgery is scheduled for 4:30 on Tuesday Nov. 22.  I was admitted to the hospital on Monday after my colonoscopy.  Someone has got to invent a "prep" solution that you can drink without feeling sick.  This stuff is supposed to clean you out before surgery, it's terrible, I had to drink 6 glasses of this poison. I was very happy when they told me I had drank enough, I would not have been able to drink any more, seriously I would not have been able to drink another drop without getting violently ill.  The time has come for the surgery.  I have never been in an operating room before , actually I had never been in a hospital before.  They sent in a RN who made marks on my stomach for a bag if the colon could not be reattached. This did not make feel to good but it had to be done.  I said good bye to everyone and they wheeled me into the recovery area first.  I met my OR nurse, got hooked up with IV's and met with my anesthesiologist.  He told me I would not wake up during the surgery but I would wake up afterwards.  That was it for small talk and I was taken into the OR. It was very cold and bright in there and everyone moved very fast to get their job done.  The gas Dr came up behind me asked if I'm ready and told me to think of a happy place.  One second later I was out.  The next thing I knew Dr. Touzios was telling me he didn't need to use a bag and that was it I don't remember anything else until I got back to my room.  The surgery went great.  The Doc hit a home run and performed my very difficult surgery flawlessly.  He gave the families prayers credit for his performance.  That made everyone feel good and feel like we are on the right track.  The recovery went great and I got released on Sunday Nov 27th.  Phase 1 went great and certainly is a great start for this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment