Monday, November 28, 2011

Continued

I went to my appointment, did all the tests and walked out with no feelings of problems at all.  Ia even set up my colonoscopy for the following Monday.  On Tuesday I got a call from Julie in Dr Ostergard office telling me everything came out good but the Dr wants me set up a ultrasound because my liver numbers are high.  I called Vic and told her.  She asked what was wrong with my liver and I had to tell her I really don't know but I scheduled the ultrasound for Wed. Wed night when I got home for work Vic was on the phone with the Dr.  She gave me the phone and Dr Ostergaard told me they had seen some spots on the liver and I had to schedule a CT scan right away, before the colonoscopy. I made the call for the appointment and had a CT done Fri.  Monday was colonoscopy day.  Vic took me to the hospital and we met with Dr Vijaypal.  He told me that after he looked at the CT he determined I had a large tumor in my colon and it would have to be removed immediately.  The tumor was so big he could not even do a full colonoscopy because the tumor blocked the colon ( I wonder if I got charged for the whole thing?)  this is were it all becomes a blur. The surgeon came in and talked with us to tell us what he had to do.  His main job was to remove the tumor and try to reattach my colon without the need of a colostomy bag.  Then he told us the bad news.  My liver contained more than 50 tumors!  The colon cancer had spread and this surgery is just the beginning.  Well now we know there are going to be phases to beating this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment